Re: D-I status on device tree based armel orion5x/kirkwood Buffalo Linkstation

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 5:59 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2016-02-20 00:42]:
>> Another thing I want to mention is that it still need a command line
>> to create RAID1 /boot partition:
>>   mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 -e 0 /dev/sda1 missing
>> Because partman-md only can create md device with metadata=1.2, which
>> cannot be recognized by Linkstation's uboot (ARM bootloader)
>
> I'm not very familiar with partman-md, but if there's no bug about
> this yet, you may want to file one.

Thanks for your suggestion!
I actually filed 2 tickets: #815569 & #815570

>> I've been working on this for months, since device-tree patch to
>> upstream kernel.
>> I'm happy that finally those orion5x/kirkwood NAS boxes, which already
>> or almost lost support from vendor, can be supported by Debian.
>>
>> Thanks for your guiding and support!
>
> Nice work!

I'll bring more NAS devices for Debian.
At least those device-tree, which is already accepted by subsystem
maintainer but waiting for Linus' merging window, is easy to support
if I can add it into Debian's kernel.
I'll discuss this with Ben.

Cheers,
--