Re: [RFC] screen/tmux support for network-console

Dear Martin,

Thanks for your comments!

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 5:57 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Roger Shimizu <rogershimizu@gmail.com> [2016-02-20 01:00]:
>> So I'm wondering whether it's possible to add screen/tmux support.
>> May it's a silly idea. So here's the RFC to hear other voice.
>
> I often would like to have a second console.  I think it's actually
> more a problem for netboot rather than network-console because you can
> simply open a second SSH connection with the latter.

Actually, having multiply console is more than shell console, as d-i
for PC, there're a few console for log output.
I think it's also benefit for embedded world if we can see the log
output while installing.

And I have no idea what's netboot for. Maybe it's like the old
business card CD image?

> On the other hand, it's not clear how d-i can be started within
> screen/tmux, but maybe you know.

I think just let ssh start screen/tmux as shell, then screen/tmux can
start normal d-i in the 1st console.
I also have no idea where to start to change, just need some time to
be familiar with so much projects in d-i.

Cheers,
--
Roger Shimizu, GMT +9 Tokyo
PGP/GPG: 17B3ACB1