Re: More cdebconf improvements

Le 17/11/2015 12:24, Philipp Kern a écrit :
On 2015-11-16 21:48, Christian PERRIER wrote:
Translations will naturally flow in as sonn as the changes are
committed to git, whether the package is uploaded or not.

Anyway, once the changes are there, and assuming the package is
uplaoded quickly (which I think is the best), other uploads will
happen from time to time when "enough" translation updates have piled
up ("enough" is a number that depends on my state of mind, mostly).

So, in short, don't worry about l10n, there is plenty of time for
updates.

Is that also the case for l10n-english review? Or is that something that
committers should do in advance?

(I need to introduce three new templates in another package.)

Ah, for sure, new texts should preferrably be reviewed before being committed (otherwise, the l10n-sync script picks them up, then updates translations...which translators will immediately "see" and therefore attempt to update).

A workaround is to commit them as non-translatable text (thus, the new functionality can be built and then gets more testing), then reviewed, then re-committed as translatable text ("_Description"). The risk there is....forgetting about the non translatable text that has to be turned into translatable text....