Re: cdebconf_0.196_i386.changes ACCEPTED into unstable

Hi,

Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> (2015-11-16):
> Cyril Brulebois, on Mon 16 Nov 2015 22:39:26 +0100, wrote:
> > I'm sorry but the implementation doesn't look reasonable at first
> > glance. We already have gtk-set-font, which handles font name and font
> > size selection, in rootskel-gtk. Couldn't we adjust that instead of
> > implementing a(nother) sed call within cdebconf-gtk?
>
> Christian uploaded before I got ideas about doing it in a better way
> :)

That happens. ;)

> I've been thinking about it, and perhaps we can indeed make
> cdebconf instead increase a value in some /etc/gtk-2 file, which
> gtk-set-font would add to its default "9" value. We'd then have to make
> cdebconf_gtk_di_run_dialog run gtk_rc_reparse_all_for_settings().

Something along these lines would probably work, yes.

> > Also, picking a random non-default language like Chinese or
> > Dzongkha, then increasing the font leads to G_IS_OBJECT assertion
> > failure and localechooser fails with error 1 (going back to the
> > language selection).
>
> Ah, I had tested that, but didn't realize it was still posing problem.
> This seems very odd, and it seems to me like some bug deeper
> somewhere.  I initially just modified gtkrc and called
> gtk_rc_reparse_all_for_settings(), but the next choice being made
> would get the kind of assertion failure you are talking about.  I
> added the cdebconf_gtk_set_answer_notok() call to make sure to restart
> the question with the new size (which is needed anyway to recompute
> the layout).

I must confess I don't have much time to dig into this. Feel free to
record that as a bug report for the time being; while we hadn't ctrl-+/-
support until this upload, this might break cause regressions depending
on user input, and cause some confusion.

Mraw,
KiBi.