Re: More cdebconf improvements

On 16/11/15 23:29, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> (Adjusting subject slightly.)
>
> Regis Boudin <regis@boudin.name> (2015-11-16):
>> Jumping slightly on the cdebconf bandwagon here. Having finally a
>> proper Internet connection, I've pushed a few changes that had been
>> sleeping on my laptop for a while. They include :
>>
>>  * Lintian overrides for what is considered misuse of debconf templates.
>>  * SeLinux support, which is disabled for d-i builds
>>  * Rewording of some long descriptions
>>  * The long awaited possibility to show passwords in clear with the
>> GTK and newt plugins. (Sorry Christian, more translations).
>>
>> Overall, the actual changes are relatively limited and local when
>> taking patches individually, so should be fairly safe.
>>
>> If there's anything I could improve, please let me know.
>
> I thought we discussed stuff involving an ABI bump, but that doesn't
> seem to be the case. Maybe you managed to avoid this? Or maybe I'm just
> confused about different patchsets?

That's a different patch indeed, which I won't push without a minimum of
coordination as it changes the API/ABI of the plugin inteface. Also the
patch is more intrusive, and I would probably need to review it again
before pushing it.

> Anyway, as you said, besides translations, patches look small enough to
> be easily debugged (or worst case reverted) if needed, so I'm fine with
> getting the whole lot uploaded whenever someone feels like being
> responsible for what happens next. ;)

Well, I can't upload at the moment, so I'll pass on the offer. Also, we
might want to wait a couple of days to get the new text translated in a
few languages ?

Thanks,
Regis