Re: util-linux: dropping cfdisk-udeb, switching to ncurses

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> (2015-06-04):
> On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 10:10:42AM +0200, Andreas Henriksson wrote:
> >Hello Cyril Brulebois.
> >
> >On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 09:47:08AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Please don't rush the upload towards unstable. We're busy:
> >[...]
> >
> >There's no hurry, I'm just used to not getting any replies
> >at all when inquiring about util-linux related issues.
> >So thanks for your reply! :)
> >
> >Please keep me posted when you've found time. Please keep me
> >posted if several weeks pass and it looks like you'll still
> >not find time soon after that.
> >
> >(If noone has time to look into this, we can just try it. If removing
> >cfdisk-udeb proves to be a bad idea, the ncurses maintainer has already
> >agreed to add the needed udeb.... but only if actually needed. We're
> >still very early in the development window after all.)
>
> I don't think we use it at all *anyway*...

Having had a quick look, it seems we only depend on fdisk-udeb in some
components (lilo-installer, rescue-mode).

But I'd feel safer if that udeb drop could be happening after D-I Stretch
Alpha 1 has been released.

Mraw,
KiBi.