Re: netinst image on USB stick asks for cdrom

On Friday, April 17, 2015 03:02:28 PM Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > [2] sudo cp *.iso /dev/sdb
>
> Why *.iso?  Are you sure this matched only one file?

Sorry. I wanted to keep the mail short. Of course I specified the correct file.

Meanwhile I repeated the process with the RC2 netinst and even with the RC2
CD1 with exactly the same result.

I've not tried anymore because I just wanted to get a shell on a laptop to
decide whether I buy it and used Knoppix instead.

It might rather be that the USB stick has a defect?

Regards, Thomas Koch