(Almost) Time for Jessie Beta 2?

Hi people,

as you might have seen, a number of uploads happened lately and the d-i
BoF notes from DebConf kindly provided by Steve (thanks!) reminded me
about uploading d-i more often. So I think I'll try and achieve that as
soon as linux 3.16 reaches testing (it was just uploaded to unstable,
and FTBFSes on several architectures, so not this week ;)).

Some things got set into motion, like syslinux menu overhaul (mainly
discussion around the switch to graphical by default, didn't see any
patch yet) or tasksel changes (alternative desktops, blends support).
I'm unsure they're going to be ready at that point, so I guess it would
make sense not to wait for them and publish another release in the
meanwhile. I'll probably gather opinions when linux is ready, this mail
is mainly meant to be a heads-up.

→ I'd like to know whether some bugs need special attention/fixes
  (besides what's in unstable already).

I haven't looked at recent bugs lately but I think we might be missing
at least a ttf-cjk-compact-udeb upload (which might explain some issues
reported against debian-edu IIRC), and I failed to upload choose-mirror
for the past release (Aurelien uploaded it 10 days ago though, to get
updated arch lists).

If you have possibly disruptive patches/updates pending, it would be
nice to either communicate on the topic, or delay these until after the
release. (Of course, if you're able to introduce them, and fix any
issues before linux is ready, I'm fine with it.)

[ I'm adding -bsd@ to the loop explicitly since there was quite some
work lately (thanks to Steven who stepped up and quickly sent a fair
number of patches), and I'd rather avoid forgetting/not knowing about
some extra patches. ]

[ And -cd@ so that the team knows a release is planned “soon”, in case
some patches are in the works. ]

Mraw,