Re: (Almost) Time for Jessie Beta 2?

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (2014-09-10):
> as you might have seen, a number of uploads happened lately and the d-i
> BoF notes from DebConf kindly provided by Steve (thanks!) reminded me
> about uploading d-i more often. So I think I'll try and achieve that as
> soon as linux 3.16 reaches testing (it was just uploaded to unstable,
> and FTBFSes on several architectures, so not this week ;)).

As anticipated in an earlier reply, the kernel team is getting it ready
very soon indeed:
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2014/09/msg00146.html
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2014/09/msg00043.html

> → I'd like to know whether some bugs need special attention/fixes
>   (besides what's in unstable already).

No more feedback on that topic?

On a related note, one of my release preparation tools is the following
page:
  http://d-i.debian.org/testing-summary.html

I've just modified the script to teach it the Extra-Source-Only: flag,
which means that we should no longer see things like this:

package libgcc1 [i386 amd64]:
  in testing with versions:
    4.9.1-12
    4.9.1-2
    4.9.1-3
    4.9.1-4
    4.9.1-5
    4.9.1-7
    4.9.1-8
    4.9.1-9

  and in unstable with versions:
    4.9.1-12
    4.9.1-13
    4.9.1-2
    4.9.1-3
    4.9.1-4
    4.9.1-5
    4.9.1-7
    4.9.1-8
    4.9.1-9

but we should get this instead:
  in testing:
    4.9.1-12
  in unstable:
    4.9.1-12
    4.9.1-13

→ way more interesting and less noisy, meaning more concentration on the
actual (possible) troubles. That should go live with the next cron run.

(I'm not sure anyone else is using this page… but I thought an extra
mail wouldn't hurt.)

Mraw,
KiBi.