Re: apt-setup bugs / patch review

Quoting bofh80 (afm404@gmail.com):
> Something like this then? Now the idea i had in my head, was that this
> would just be preseeded with apt-setup/local0/netrc  etc. So that for the
> next repository, apt-setup/local1/netrc .

I the point is only to preseed information and not prompt users, then
templates shouldn't be marked as translatable.....but as we did most
of the work to make them translatable (and therefore envetually shown
to users, in expert mode), it'd be a shame to stop now.

> Template: apt-setup/local/netrc
> Type: boolean
> Default: false
> # :sl3:
> #flag:translate!:4
>  You chose to use a mirror FTP server that doesn't allow anonymous
>  logins but allows authentication with local logins.
>  .
>  The needed credentials in the syntax described by netrc(5) need to be
> supplied.
>  In the following example, "<packages.example.org>" is the
>  mirror server host name, "<myuser>" is the login to use on this server
>  and "<mypass>" is the password for that login:
>  .
>   machine <packages.example.org> login <myuser> password <mypass>
>  .
>  This information will be stored in "/etc/apt/auth.conf" on the
>  installed machine.

Well, if users are prompted for individual components fot eh netrc
entry later on, we probably don't need to give the example.

Also, drop the colon after the quesiton mark in the template's synopsis.

Please find below the style rewrite of the templates to make them fit
the writing style usually used in most packages' debconf templates
(and D-I templates).

Please also note that I haven't reviewed the rest of the code which
needs to be wrapped around all this, particularly for the db_input handling.

Template: apt-setup/local/netrc
Type: boolean
Default: false
# :sl3:
#flag:translate!:4
 You chose to use a mirror FTP server that doesn't allow anonymous
 logins but allows authentication with local logins.
 .
 The needed credentials, in the syntax described by netrc(5),
 need to be supplied. If you choose this option, you will be prompted
 for the server hostname and the needed credentials. This informaiton
 will be stored in /etc/apt/auth.conf as follow:
 .
  machine <packages.example.orglogin <myuserpassword <mypass>

Template: apt-setup/local/netrc/machine
Type: string
 Please provide the host name for the APT mirror server that needs
 netrc-based authentication to be accessed.
 .
 Please see netrc(5) for details. This information will be stored in
 the /etc/apt/auth.conf file (only readable by root).

Template: apt-setup/local/netrc/username
Type: string
# :sl3:
 Please provide the needed login name for the APT mirror server that needs
 netrc-based authentication to be accessed.
 .
 Please see netrc(5) for details. This information will be stored in
 the /etc/apt/auth.conf file (only readable by root).

Template: apt-setup/local/netrc/password
Type: password
# :sl3:
 Please provide the needed password for the APT mirror server that needs