Re: 6.0.7 planning

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 15:36 -0800, dann frazier wrote:
> Agreed; and I think I was unclear. I was taking for granted that we
> *will* do a 46squeeze2 now w/ the CVE-2013-0871 fix and bypass
> 46squeeze1. 46squeeze2 would provide the security-only option.
>
> The question was whether or not we should try and fix p-u by getting a
> -49 into -stable now w/ the CVE-2013-0871 fix, or just make sure
> there's a 48squeeze1 in security for after. Ah - but maybe the point
> you're making is that a 48squeeze1 in security would make 46squeeze2
> harder to find/install - if so, I can understand that point.

What's the current thinking here?

Given the timescales, if we are looking at a -49 in p-u to form part of
the point release, I think it needs to be uploaded (and accepted) today,
and the earlier the better. Depending on which buildd picks the package
up (which we can't control) both the armel and mipsel builds have
history of taking around a day (30 hours for some mipsel builds) to
complete and when delays due to waiting for dinstall, an available
buildd, glitches in the matrix, etc. are taken in to account, we're
getting rather tight. :-(

Regards,

Adam