Re: 6.0.7 planning

On Sun, 2013-02-17 at 13:33 -0800, dann frazier wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 03:14:04PM +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> > > Flagged for acceptance; thanks.
> >
> > All the builds are now in, so we should be ready for lkdi updates when
> > convenient.
> >
> > I gather there's a chance there might need to be further security
> > updates; will that mean we need another update in p-u?
>
> Possibly; an alternative would be to release a 48squeeze1 via security
> to sync up w/ the fixes just before the point release. That would let
> us go ahead and get the lkdi/d-i updates ready and give us some
> flexibility to react to any follow-on changes that may appear this
> week as CVE-2013-0871 is discussed. On the other hand, I know Ben has
> another fix queued for stable, and I saw a mention of a possible
> s390/KVM regression - so those may justify the extra p-u update.
>
> Thoughts?

I would prefer to give users the option to install just the urgent
security fixes and delay upgrading to the point release.  Releasing a
48squeeze1 means bundling together all those changes.

I don't think it's critical that the installer has the same kernel
version as the stable suite.  We do need to be careful with ordering of
the changelog to allow the installer kernel version to be constructed
from the later version by running debian/bin/patch.apply, and/or ask the
FTP team nicely to ensure the older version remains in squeeze.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.