Re: 6.0.7 planning

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 03:41:03AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-02-10 at 16:25 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We're somewhat overdue with the next Squeeze point release (6.0.7) and
> > it'd be good to get it done before the wheezy release, so that we can
> > pull in some upgrade fixes. As an opening gambit, some proposed dates,
> > all of which appear to currently work for me:
> >
> > February 23rd
> >
> > March 2nd
> >
> > March 9th
>
> No opinion on dates, but here's the state of the Linux kernel:
>
> The current version in s-p-u (2.6.32-47) adds support for new SCSI
> controllers, which should be included in the installer.  However there
> has been disappointingly little testing feedback about this.

fyi, I did hear from an HP contact that the hpsa update was working
for him on new servers.

> There are a couple of pending non-security fixes:
>   * [s390] s390/time: fix sched_clock() overflow (Closes: #698382)
>   * Revert "time: Avoid making adjustments if we haven't accumulated
>     anything" (Closes: #699112, regression in 2.6.32.60)
> These ought to be included in the point release but should not be need
> in the installer.
>
> Dann/Moritz, do you have any plans for a security or other stable
> update?  Should I upload to stable with just these two fixes?

I've been planning a security update, but work travel has been
intervening. An upload in the next couple days should be doable
though. Given your statement above, do you think this should be based
on -47 or -46?

I'll probably drop the fix for CVE-2012-3552, at least for this
upload. Your suggestion for avoiding the ABI change is good, but I'm
not yet confident enough w/ the backport.