Re: status of d-i development -- call for help?

Is it time to add a 'real' scripting language to debian-installer, that
would make development more accessible?

(Even switching to bash would make it somewhat less painful.  It has
arrays!)

The minimum memory requirements have grown to the point that adding a
compact interpreter (e.g. lua or python-minimal) would not make much of
a difference.  (If enough scripts use it and become shorter as a result,
it might even result in a net negative delta.  Maybe.)

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.