Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Hi Holger,

(btw: there are irc notifications now.)

On Montag, 19. November 2012, Holger Wansing wrote:
> 1. the error for arch hurd-i386 was a real error, which I fixed some
> minutes ago (for en).

nice!

> 2. the other errors are no real errors. The architectures "hurd",
> "kfreebsd" and "linux" are no 'real' architectures in the meaning of
> manual-building: "hurd" is "hurd-i386", "kfreebsd" is "kfreebsd-i386" or
> "kfreebsd-amd64" and "linux" is one of "amd64, i386, powerpc, sparc, ...".
> So, "hurd", "kfreebsd" and "linux" are kernels, no architectures, and are
> to be omitted for the builds.
> I don't know, why Jenkins tries to build those 'architectures'.

jenkins builds them, cause they exist in trunk/manual/build/arch-options/
:-) - and because jobs for the html versions build those fine.

I'll omit those three kernel archs in my jenkins script now.

And indeed, http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_en_pdf/3/
was successful now. I'll trigger the other translations.

(And jobs for the other type of manual translations should follow soon.)

> Do you use the same scripts/methods to build, which are also used for
> regular package building? Or do you trigger all those builds by
> separate, custom commands?

for the manuals, I build them using a custom script, the above fix is here
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/holger/jenkins.debian.net.git;a=commitdiff;h=5d4bcb4808b78fe989b9c955d7ab23e0075a60b4

the full script is at http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/holger/jenkins.debian.net.git;a=blob;f=bin/d-
i_manual.sh - it's really simple.

you can view also the jenkins configuration yourself, eg for this job the url is
http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/job/d-i_manual_en_pdf/configure-readonly
(there is a link in the sidebar of each job.)

but those commands I use there are really taken from svn/trunk/manual :)

thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

cheers,
	Holger