Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Holger Levsen wrote:
> as you might have seen, I'm running certain d-i jobs on
> http://jenkins.debian.net/
>
> There are three views showing d-i related jobs, which are
> http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_packages/
> http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_manual/
> http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-i_misc/

You forgot to mention http://jenkins.debian.net/view/chroot-tests/ which
all test debootstrap and task installs.

> * svn/trunk/packages - I have no idea what to build here, but I see frequent
> commits. Can you help?

Of traslations to packages/po, presumably. Since these are in turn
exploded out to the translations of individual packages that you already
test, I don't think additional tests are needed here.

> * notifications - while jenkins does nice email notifications by default (it
> sends mail on every failure and when a build succeeds, it informs once and
> then it shuts up til the next failure), I think it's better to start with IRC
> notifications in #debian-boot - what do you think?

If IRC notifications tend to come shortly after commit notifications, I
think using IRC makes sense.

I'd like to see debootstrap failure notifications sent to debian-devel,
or someplace like that. It can be caused by breakage in a great many
packages, and getting Debian as a whole to own keeping debootstap and
task installs working would take some load off of d-i.

Thanks for your work.  Very much appreciated.

--
see shy jo