Re: building and testing d-i with jenkins

Hi Holger,

On Samstag, 17. November 2012, Holger Wansing wrote:
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> > d_i_manual_* - builds a language (on wheezy) on every commit of
> > svn/trunk/manual/$LANG with "make languages=$LANG architectures=amd64
> > formats=html"
> In the past I had errors in my d-i manual translation, which only affected
> the pdf variant of the manual.
> So it would probably good, to build pdf as well.

ok, I've renamed the d_i_manual_$LANG jobs to d_i_manual_$LANG_html and
created all d_i_manual_$LANG_pdf, which are triggered by success of their
d_i_manual_$LANG_html job.

And, all new d_i_manual_$LANG_pdf jobs resulted in "unstable" builds due to
the four warnings each of them has:

d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log-Architecture: hurd
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log:Warning: The following formats failed to build:
pdf
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log-Architecture: hurd-i386
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log:Warning: The following formats failed to build:
pdf
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log-Architecture: kfreebsd
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log:Warning: The following formats failed to build:
pdf
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log-Architecture: linux
d-i_manual_de_pdf/builds/1/log:Warning: The following formats failed to build:
pdf

You can spot these warnings easily via http://jenkins.debian.net/view/d-
i_manual/job/d-i_manual_cs_pdf/1/parsed_console/

And it seems to me, that those warnings are real errors which should be fixed.
(Though I dont really get what that "linux" architecture is :)

(Each build has such a "parsed consele output" view, which links to errors and
warnings in the output.)

> For the d-i manual part, the only way to inform translators about errors
> in their translations will probably be via e-mail (don't know if this is
> already intended, but that would be the optimal: if manual in de fails
> to build (when building the de manual because of a commit to manual/de/ ),
> only inform the german translator, don't bother others).

Ok, added to my todo. I guess the easy part will be getting the last
translators out of the files, harder it will be to connect them and ask if
they to get those mails...

So I think first rather irc notifications to #debian-boot :)

cheers,
	Holger