Re: (forw) Switch to graphical installer by default?

Christian PERRIER, le Sat 07 Jul 2012 18:14:51 -0600, a écrit :
> Or do we stick to "The Universal System" concept and therefore leave
> the only accessible installer as default. (which indeed makes the
> installer not universal either because of several missing languages).

As I said in my shorter mail, I believe there's no issue with making g-i
the default. If a USB device is detected, or brltty/speakup is requested
by hand on the command line, or software speech synthesis is requested,
the installer will revert to the dialog frontend.

Actually, making g-i the default makes it easier to use speakup: due to
its size, it is only included in the g-i initrd, so making g-i the
default makes speakup easier to request.

Samuel