Re: (forw) Switch to graphical installer by default?

Hi,

From what I know noawaday, GUI installer is not accessible. To be
accessible, we'd need orca to be installed. But the problem is that orca
only works with GTK. Given the current situation with orca and GTK3,
at-spi2, etc., I don't think it'll be easy to make the GUI accessible
quickly. Ubuntu installer tries to do this, but it's not perfect. After
a lot of bug reports, informal or not, some button are not yet read by
orca.

Moreover, I am not sure it's a real interest to have the GUI installer
accessible. In my opinion, the most important thing is to have one. But
I think, as few people can work on this, it's better to maintain the
text-base installer, accessible, than try making GUI accessible for the
installer, whereas the result would be the same, the GUI wouldn't bring
anything, and the current status of GUI issues in Debian seems, in my
opinion, complicated.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL