Re: boot parameter interface=auto can't adaptation the correct NIC

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:15:46AM +0800, Qin Bo wrote:
> How can i find the bnx2 problem? I had set  netcfg/dhcp_timeout=60 as boot
> parameter, the problem still reproduce.
> But I still think the netcfg didn't got the correct interface, then couldn't
> get the IP address from dhcp server.
> Because I had read the netcfg source:netcfg.c netcfg-common.c, i can't find
> where the program deal with interface=auto.

It might have been the tg3 mentioned here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2010/12/msg00230.html
hard to keep track of all the network types.

If the logs were correct, it certainly looks like the interface was
brought up and udhcpc tried it, but didn't wait long enough for link to
come up first, and gave up and went to the next interface.

Maybe gigabit interfaces are slow to come up, and the delay in udhcpc
or the installer needs to be longer.

--
Len Sorensen