Re: boot parameter interface=auto can't adaptation the correct NIC

2010/12/10 Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>

Is this another case of a driver/NIC taking longer to get link up after
being enabled than the installer is willing to wait?  I seem to recall
a bnx2 user a few days ago reporting a similar problem.

How can i find the bnx2 problem? I had set  netcfg/dhcp_timeout=60 as boot parameter, the problem still reproduce.
But I still think the netcfg didn't got the correct interface, then couldn't get the IP address from dhcp server.
Because I
had read the netcfg source:netcfg.c netcfg-common.c, i can't find where the program deal with interface=auto.