Re: boot parameter interface=auto can't adaptation the correct NIC

Quoting Qin Bo (kinboster@gmail.com):
> hi all:
>        I use squeeze Nov 6 build iso to install, i had three network
> interface card, a onboard NIC and two stand alone NIC is intel e1000,
>        and e1000 1st(eth1) is plug a cable, e1000 2nd(eth2) and
> onboard(eth0) is not, i want to auto configure the NIC which plug cable (at
> this is e1000 1st, eth1),
>       so i write interface=auto as boot parameter, but when get ip from dhcp
> server, the installation can't get ip. when i configure network manually,
>       found the ip configure onboard NIC, that is say the ip is configure on
> eth0 not eth1. any idea? Or may be is a bug? If i want to auto configure the
> NIC which plug cable, how to?

It would be interesting to get the installer logs.

Could you try processing manually (but boot with interface=auto),
complete the installation and then send the /var/log/installer files
which you'll find on the installed system?

To avoid a lengthy install, just do an install without any task
selected (not even "standard system").