Re: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta1 release (WPA support)

Hello,

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Don Wright <wdinst@wricomp.net> wrote:
> Christian PERRIER wrote:
>>Still, whatever "our priorities" are, adding such new feature now is
>>certainly not the most welcomed idea. Where were those people who so
>>desperately need that feature when it was *really* time to add it, ie
>>back in 2009 or early 2010, when new developments to D-I were highly
>>welcomed.
>

> This issue isn't exactly new, nor are attempts (and commitments) to fix
> it. Reasons why previous patches didn't make it into Debian is a
> different discussion.

They aren't however nobody has stepped up to really integrate it when
it was the right time.

At the time the patches were done it was not possible to merge them
and then they got lost.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br