Re: Debian Installer 6.0 Beta1 release (WPA support)

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Harald Jenny (harald@a-little-linux-box.at):
>> On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 10:15:01AM +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
>> > Hi!

>> > [..]
>> >
>> > Are there some guidelines on how to test this patch?
>>
>> Patch does not apply cleanly to netcfg's newest version (at least not for me)
>> - currently working on a new patch and a wpa_supplicant udeb (just for testing
>> right now). "Testing" will be done on amd64 with WPA2-PSK and hidden ssid.
>

> Please note that this patch is quite likely to add new localized
> strings to D-I and I know about an l10n coordinator which will be very
> unhappy if new material is bringed in at the very last minute while we
> had *months* for bringing it in on time beforehand.
>
> I'm really sorry, but if people want WPA in the installer, then they
> should probably wake up at moments, in the release process, we are
> developing new features, not when we are desperately trying to
> stabilize things.
>
> As is, if this patch adds localizable material, I'll object against
> it.

Is that possible to include WPA patch into the installer without
localization and put it somewhere aside as an alpha/beta version?
Including non-official Debian resources? Plus, a single string note in
'installation howto' pointing to that 'version' of the installer.

Sorry, if something like that looks stupid and obvious. It is because
WPA absence for the year 2010 A.D. makes me feeling sad.

--
Sincerely Yours'
Mark Goldshtein