Re: Status of some daily D-I builds

Hi Otavio and others

Sorry, but I fear I need a little bit more handholding on this. There
are too many things I faild to figure out on myself...

On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 20:02 -0300, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Gaudenz Steinlin <gaudenz@debian.org> wrote:
> > Excerpts from Joey Hess's message of Mit Sep 15 21:26:06 +0200 2010:
> >>
> >> Are you familiar with the existing status page at
> >> http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/build-logs.html?
> >
> > It depends on your definition of familiar. I just browsed around the
> > scripts in /org/d-i.debian.org/scripts on ravel (aka d-i.debian.org).
> > I found out how the status page is built, but the more interesting
> > question why so many arches just stopped uploading any logs since
> > around 08/17 is not answered there.
> >
> > The uploading of these images seems to be triggered from the outside.
> >
> > Another problem seems to be that the updateing of the webpage is out
> > of sync at least with the building of the armel images. So it still
> > marks the build_iop32x_netboot as failed although the build log behind
> > the "failed" link is the log of a later build which did not fail at
> > all. Is there a reason why this does not point to the timestamped
> > directory (eg.
> > http://people.debian.org/~joeyh/d-i/armel/images/20100914-23:25/overview.log)
> > ?
>
> As Joey has said we do have a status page however as you noticed it
> has gabs that could be filled if you are willing to. Please provide
> the patches you believe could be useful for it. This is indeed a quite
> useful way of helping us.

IMHO the most prominent gap is that there is no indication if a buildd
fails to upload a log to d-i.debian.org at all. Like it is the case for
several architectures since Aug 17th.

I could not find any information about how the process of scheduling d-i
builds on buildds works. Thus I don't know where to start to improve the
status reporting there. I would really appreciate if someone could
provide a pointer to existing documentation or scripts driving this
process.

OTOH there are certainly improvements possible to the current page. Do
you have any whishlist items or a TODO file?

>From Christians mail I guess want feature request are failure reports by
email. The best way to enable this is probably to send them to a PTS
keyword where interested ppl can subscribe. AFAIK the only way to send
custom mails to PTS keyword is to send it to
sourcepackage_cvs@packages.qa.debian.org and these mails go to all
people subscribed to the cvs keyword. Do you think it would be
acceptable to send the reports to this address or do you think we would
need another mechanism? AFAIK it's not possible to define custom
keywords for the PTS.

Gaudenz