Re: uboot-envtools-udeb or uboot-installer

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> [2010-07-06 13:06]:
>> Regarding the U-Boot bootloader environment modifications, should a
>> uboot-envtools-udeb take care of this or should something like
>> uboot-installer be created instead?
>
> This is what I wrote before: "Since you'll also have to generate an
> uboot image for the kernel, I'd put the code to change the u-boot
> environment in the flash-kernel udeb."

Ok.

So the action plan is to scatter the code for freerunner support all around
d-i and not create a single package for freerunner related stuff?

This would be new partman check.d scripts (since /boot is required to be
ext2 and not ext2 or ext3, as Gaudenz pointed out earlier) and additions to
flash-kernel for image generation and uboot env modification.

> In fact, if your code would show the modifications that have to be
> made to the u-boot environment and then only *optionally* change it, I
> could use it for the SheevaPlug too (where I'd like to show what
> people have to do, but not actually do it).

We'll take this into consideration.

--
Per Andersson