Re: uboot-envtools-udeb or uboot-installer

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Per Andersson <avtobiff@gmail.com> [2010-06-30 16:40]:
>> Should I put the partman check.d scripts in the flash-kernel udeb,
>> uboot-envtools udeb, or somewhere completery different?
>
> I don't know what your check.d scripts look like but if they are
> generic I'd stick them somewhere in partman so other people can reuse
> them.
>
> But does partman-ext3/check.d/ext2_or_ext3_boot, which already exists,
> not do what you're to do or can be extended to?

It seems U-Boot on the FreeRunner does not require /boot to be the first
primary partition. Other than that it seems to do what we want.

Thibaut, what do you think about using the above referenced check.d script
and imposing the restriction that /boot has to be on the first primary
partition on the microSD?

Regarding the U-Boot bootloader environment modifications, should a
uboot-envtools-udeb take care of this or should something like
uboot-installer be created instead?

--
Per Andersson