Re: di-netboot-assistant update for experimental

Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 06:20 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
>> On Friday 16 October 2009, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
>> > I have finally resolved and merged a bunch of patch I had for
>> > di-netboot-assistant.
>> > [..]

I have worked on some patch to clean-up the code, and fix buggy
package removal behaviour. I'll merge them by tomorrow evening.

I have two feature request that are pending, and I need your help:

Using local repository (requested by fjp)

I wondered how to address this. I now think it would be possible if
the images where structured like this (we can switch arch and dist
folder hierarchy):

 |    |`-lenny
 |    |      |`netboot.tar.gz
 |    |      ` MD5SUMS
 |    |`-daily-2009-10-28
 |    |      |`netboot.tar.gz
 |    |      ` MD5SUMS
 |     `-daily-2009-10-28
 |           |`netboot.tar.gz
 |           ` MD5SUMS
      |      |`netboot.tar.gz
      |      ` MD5SUMS
             ` MD5SUMS

Does it suite your needs?
(That could be used to ship netboot in Debian-Live CDs)

Allow preseeding using TFTP (reqested by Otavio)
1. Is it possible to simply concatenate multiple tar.gz files?
2. Is it possible to simply concatenate multiple tar in one .gz files?
3. Or is it possible to pass multiple "initrd=" to  a given Kernel?
4. Or Do I have to modify the tar.gz files.

The above scheme could also be used to include/embedded firmware