Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 10:27:01PM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:

> So, for a distribution kernel, I guess that, once nobody complains
> about the problems, we can just standardize on snd-powermac (and
> have people have a working setup) and document the potential
> (perhaps nonexistent?) problem in the release notes for the arch.

No, please not! At least on my powerbook5,8 snd-aoa works way better
than snd-powerpc. And AFAIK this is true for all newer Powerbooks. It
may be that snd-powermac is the only option for some of the older Apple
powerpc based hardware. But please only enable it for devices that are
not supported by snd-aoa.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.