Re: no sound on powermac3,3 (powerbook g4 550) debian502 gnome

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 12:12 -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> Right, but now the snd-powermac driver is what is being used instead
> of
> the snd-aoa* driver.
>
> Perhaps BenH (one of the principal developers of Linux on PowerPC)
> could
> shed some comments here with the final word so that we can settle this
> snd-aoa vs. snd-powermac for the time being.

Ouch :-)

I've been avoiding the sound stuff like a plague since the Apple stuff
is a total mess :-)

If aoa works generally better on this machine then the distro should use
it by default. I was somewhat hoping somebody would take over those
sound drivers once for all but they seem to systematically scare off all
the volunteers we can find :-)

Sadly, I don't have the time nowadays to do much work on them myself.

Cheers,
Ben.