Re: Coordinating efforts to get a new kernel in testing?

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 01:08:05PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:

> It needs quite some work to get reverse dependencies handled and getting
> it built on all architectures. Both of which are the main responsability
> of the kernel team...

it is mostly done, beside the strange cpio missing build dep,
that funnily surfaced now on i686. fixed in latest repo and
scheduled for upload latest on this upcoming week.

> > Could this be prioritized by the involved teams (mostly kernel and
> > release, I'd guess) or are there already some plans for this to
> > happen?
>
> There are no plans to force anything in like some propose in such
> situations as there is no clear plan of the kernel team to get the
> remaining issues solved soon after it would be forced in.

without force hints linux-2.6 goes nowhere.

what are the remaining issues that you are concerned about?