Re: Coordinating efforts to get a new kernel in testing?

Quoting Luk Claes (luk@debian.org):

> > Could this be prioritized by the involved teams (mostly kernel and
> > release, I'd guess) or are there already some plans for this to
> > happen?
>
> There are no plans to force anything in like some propose in such
> situations as there is no clear plan of the kernel team to get the
> remaining issues solved soon after it would be forced in.

So, could we get some input from the kernel team on this topic, then?

Are you guys prioritizing work to get a new kernel in testing or work
to get yet another upstream release in unstable?

(from the above sentence and the discussion we had during the D-I team
meeting, you probably understand where is my own preference going)