Re: Adding ttf-sil-abyssinica-udeb to packages used in the GTK installer?

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> On Saturday 05 January 2008, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > From the work done when the work on Amharic started quite a while ago,
> > the ttf-sil-abyssinica font is suggested by the translator for good
> > rendering of that language.
> >
> > So, I asked its maintainer to provide a udeb package
>
> I assume this was because the glyphs needed are not in freefont?

Yes. The Ethiopic Unicode Bloc: U+1200-U+1399

> > which just appeared today.
>
> I can't see anything yet...

I sent the mail when we got the notification of the package being ACCEPTED.

> > So, everything is now ready to add this package to the g-i images and
> > have finally correct support of Amharic.
> >
> > Are there any objections to this ?
>
> What is its size?

220kb

> What fonts are included in it? If there are, do we need all of them?

Only one font
(/usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-sil-abyssinica/Abyssinica_SIL.ttf). Indeed
ttf-sil-abyssinica only provides one font.

> Are there any overlaps with the freefont udeb? Should any of those overlaps
> be excluded?

The font overlaps in the Latin base range: U+0020-U+00FF (actually,
the font also covers ISO-8859-1), that's all.