Re: Adding ttf-sil-abyssinica-udeb to packages used in the GTK installer?

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 07:40:17AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > I assume this was because the glyphs needed are not in freefont?
>
> Yes. The Ethiopic Unicode Bloc: U+1200-U+1399

just checked and the above range is not in Freefont and Dejavu either

> > Are there any overlaps with the freefont udeb? Should any of those overlaps
> > be excluded?
>
> The font overlaps in the Latin base range: U+0020-U+00FF (actually,
> the font also covers ISO-8859-1), that's all.

according to some tests done a while ago with CJK fonts, better
results are achieved if each separate font provides its own latin
letters (different fonts use different metrics for their glyphs), so
the fonts should be fine like this.

I've prepared a pdf file [1] with all the glyphs provided by the font.

regards,
Davide

[1] http://alioth.debian.org/~zinosat-guest/ttf-sil-abyssinica.pdf