Re: Release timeline?

Quoting Otavio Salvador (otavio@debian.org):

> > I guess that now, someone needs to build d-i, ask for the remaining
> > udebs to enter testing (rootskel, rescue, cdebconf...), have the RC2
> > images built and do some testing.
>
> The steps are right but in wrong order. modules need to be in lenny
> before we upload the installer. I'll prepare a list of modules today
> and upload it as soon as they are in.
>
> Our main blocker was missing architectures and cairo that is in now.
>
> > Having this happening before the upcoming week-end would be good
> > though the time frame does not make it easy (many ppl wandering around
> > for Christian Christmas holidays), so that tests can happen during the
> > week-end (this is what we did for RC1).
>
> Yes. I'll be traveling too.

.../...

which basically means that we have no chance to release before
January, right?

Could it be possible that we at least get some images and then use the
timeframe up to Jan 4th or so to do extensive testing (for those who
have some time during that period)? And then release as early as
possible in January?