Re: Side comment: Re: Interaction with user in preseed's early/late command

Quoting Frans Pop (elendil@planet.nl):
> On Saturday 27 September 2008, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Hmm, come on. This is really not the way Ubuntu behave with us wrt the
> > installer. We have the incredible luck of the constant commitment of
> > Colin to keep a good link and to do the best for D-I to benefit from
> > develoments made for Ubuntu.
>
> That used to be true, but do you really feel that is true?
> My feeling is that Colin has over the past year virtually stopped
> committing changes back into D-I SVN and is certainly a lot less active
> as member of the D-I team (discussing solutions, reviewing changes), even
> when explicitly asked.

I think that's probably true. However, what's most likely is that
noone else on the Ubuntu side did take this task over.

So, basically, Colin probably slowed down developments made for Ubuntu
installer quite significantly, which explains his apparent lower
involvment.

Still, no later than the last week, I has short discussions involving
him, wrt l10n, where he again explicitely stated that all l10n effort
has to be done in Debian first, then be extended to Ubuntu (including
Ubiquity-related stuff)....and then he redirected people at me.

Of course, all this would be better asked to Colin himself, to confirm
that, indeed, so significant divergence is happening from Ubuntu wrt
D-I development.