problems with my partman recipe

Hi @all!

I'm new to this list and also to autoinstalling Debian, although I'm not new to Debian itself :-)

We have some PCs standing directly in our server nets to administer and especially troubleshoot without any firewalls or routers making trouble. To harmonize our environment, we decided to use *only* Debian on this PCs. (OK: Debian or Windows, but I'm not responsible for the latter.)

I thought I'd try to build an automatic installation that will be fit for servers, too. (One never knows...) Up until now I think the only difference will be that servers won't have a GUI. The idea is:

1) /boot on a partition
2) / on a partition (I don't like / as a logical volume; makes it too easy to clog it with garbage as it's oh so simply to enlarge it later on)
3) /usr, /var and /tmp as logical volumes (you know why)
4) /srv and /opt as (very) small logical volumes (if they are not in use, a few MB won't hurt; on the other hand, this prevents people from simply putting stuff in there without creating a logical volume or a partition first: It's already there)
5) swap as a logical volume
6) /home as a (not too big) logical volume (easy to enlarge when needed; on the other hand not wasting space when the system is used as a server)

But I don't want to discuss my disk layout with you. My problem is that my recipe isn't working. That's what I have in my preseed.cfg:

d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true
d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string                          \
       my-recipe ::                                            \
               128 128 128 ext3                                \
                       $primary{ } $bootable{ }                \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /boot } .                   \
               512 512 512 ext3                                \
                       $primary{ }                             \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ / } .                       \
               3072 3072 3072 ext3                             \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /usr } .                    \
               1536 2048 2048 ext3                             \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /var } .                    \
               128 128 128 ext3                                \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /tmp } .                    \
               32 32 32 ext3                                   \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /srv } .                    \
               32 32 32 ext3                                   \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /opt } .                    \
               512 512 512 ext3                                \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ format } format{ }              \
                       use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext3 }    \
                       mountpoint{ /home } .                   \
               1024 1024 1024 linux-swap                       \
                       $lvmok{ }                               \
                       method{ swap } format{ } .

d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select my-recipe
d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
d-i partman/confirm boolean true

But I'm getting "Can't have a partition outside the disk!". Any ideas?

greez

   mario