Re: "Debian Installer Lenny Beta 2" CDs kernel freezes in qemu virtual machine installation

On Saturday 28 June 2008, Jochen Plumeyer wrote:
> I wanted to test the "Debian Installer Lenny Beta 2" CD images with
> qemu again (installing both from virtual Windoze XP and the "normal"
> way), but the kernel freezes (I tried the KDE-CD-1 and businesscard
> images).

I just tried the LennyBeta2 KDE CD in qemu (i386) on my system (amd64
host) and it boots perfectly.

I suspect your freeze may be a problem in the kqemu kernel accelerator
module as I'm not using that. Suggest you try without the accelerator.

So, basically: this is not a D-I issue and you should probably file a bug
report against qemu, or possibly the kernel.

You should also boot the installer in expert mode (or remove the quiet
parameter) so you'll get its console messages and provide more info on
where exactly the freeze occurs.

Cheers,
FJP