Re: Bug concerning Keyboard Layout when installing on ecrypted lvm

(Please keep debian-boot@ in Cc:)

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 09:49:38PM +0200, Arian Sanusi wrote:
> Jérémy Bobbio schrieb:
> >On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:39:49PM +0200, Arian Sanusi wrote:
> >
> >>I installed debian testing (network installation image downloaded in
> >>June 22) and had afterwards troube with entering the passphrase for the
> >>encrypted LVM i creted using the debian installer.
> >>
> >>I configured the system to use a de-latin1 keyboard layout, which I
> >>think is beeing used during the installation to write the keyphrase-
> >>Afterwards I did not manage to boot into the new system since it
> >>rejected my password. I repeated typing in te passowrd quite a couple of
> >>times, somwhen starting to construct an "americanized" version of the
> >>password, which still did not work. Due to this I reinstalled
> >>everything, now using the us-layout when installing. This time everythin
> >>went as expected. I turned the system settings to use de-latin1 later
> >>on. and it still worded fine
> >>

> >Are you really really sure that the passphrase you have entered during
> >installation and the one that you have entered at the initial reboot is
> >the same?  Have you made another test using the de-latin1 layout after
> >your successful installation with us-layout?
> >
> I am 99% sure they are the same. But I indeed did another installation,
> with an image I downloaded today, which seems to work fine. I can't say
> wether this is related to the new image or something else.

Let's put that on that last percentage. :)  If you encounter the same
issue again, please get back to us. :)

> >Did you use the graphical installer?
> >
> no
> >Did you use any non-ascii characters in the passphrase?
> >

> again, no. but the passphrase contained the "@" symbol, which one gets
> hitting [alt-gr][q] on de-layouts. But this should not be any problem,
> right?

I once used a french accented letter in a passphrase which resulted in
issues due to encoding mismatch (iso-8859-1 vs. utf-8), but "@" should
not be a problem.

Please enjoy your new Debian systems nevertheless. :)

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism