Bug concerning Keyboard Layout when installing on ecrypted lvm

Hi guys,

I installed debian testing (network installation image downloaded in June 22) and had afterwards troube with entering the passphrase for the encrypted LVM i creted using the debian installer.

I configured the system to use a de-latin1 keyboard layout, which I think is beeing used during the installation to write the keyphrase- Afterwards I did not manage to boot into the new system since it rejected my password. I repeated typing in te passowrd quite a couple of times, somwhen starting to construct an "americanized" version of the password, which still did not work. Due to this I reinstalled everything, now using the us-layout when installing. This time everythin went as expected. I turned the system settings to use de-latin1 later on. and it still worded fine

I think this is a quite impressive bug and therefor expected to find information about it here. Since I did not succeed I'm writing here before posting any bugs in the bug tracking system. Is this behavior a known bug and is there an elegant way to avoid it?

Thx for answers!
Arian