Re: Switch to 2.6.25

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 06:18:46PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> ide-generic did hurt a lot, it took over the ide device in various case
> over the native driver, and disk support broke.

Which cases?  lack of ide-generic hurts a lot when it is the only driver
for your controller too.

> Also, this ide-generic bug was the bug which put into motion the events
> leading to my expulsion, so i think it is a particularly evil module :)

What exactly is the bug?  Everything I remember seeing so far points at
bugs in other IDE drivers, not ide-generic as far as I am concerned, or
possibly in initramfs loading ide-generic too early.

> Please forward this mail to the list, as i am currently being censored
> and cannot post directly.

Lovely. :)

--
Len Sorensen