Re: Bug concerning Keyboard Layout when installing on ecrypted lvm

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 04:39:49PM +0200, Arian Sanusi wrote:
> I installed debian testing (network installation image downloaded in
> June 22) and had afterwards troube with entering the passphrase for the
> encrypted LVM i creted using the debian installer.
>
> I configured the system to use a de-latin1 keyboard layout, which I
> think is beeing used during the installation to write the keyphrase-
> Afterwards I did not manage to boot into the new system since it
> rejected my password. I repeated typing in te passowrd quite a couple of
> times, somwhen starting to construct an "americanized" version of the
> password, which still did not work. Due to this I reinstalled
> everything, now using the us-layout when installing. This time everythin
> went as expected. I turned the system settings to use de-latin1 later
> on. and it still worded fine

Are you really really sure that the passphrase you have entered during
installation and the one that you have entered at the initial reboot is
the same?  Have you made another test using the de-latin1 layout after
your successful installation with us-layout?

Did you use the graphical installer?

Did you use any non-ascii characters in the passphrase?

Cheers,
--
Jérémy Bobbio                        .''`.
lunar@debian.org                    : :Ⓐ  :  # apt-get install anarchism