Re: Switch to 2.6.25 [was Re: Switch to 2.6.25, Xen and speakup - kernel-wedge maintainer wanted!]

On Sunday 22 June 2008, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> I've prepared a set of patches against current kernel-wedge to update
> it.

Thanks.

>  - ide-generic-pci
>
>    I haven't add it since I found no reference about it being used by
>    other distros and then I prefer to still use ide-generic for now,
>    so near of release

I'm still not sure about this one. Current support for ide-generic in D-I
and initramfs-tools is far from perfect and could still be considered a
regression from Etch. It could well be that ide-generic-pci fills an
important gap here. We really should discuss this with the kernel team.

>       cdrom-core-modules: add ide-cd_mod.
>       ide-modules: add ide-pnp.

Some more explanation for these would be nice. Please remember that the
changelog is not only _what_ you do, but also _why_ you do it.

Cheers,
FJP