Re: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Today: add two entries

Dear Frans,

thank you for your quick response.

Am Dienstag, den 25.03.2008, 23:47 +0100 schrieb Frans Pop:
> On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Paul Menzel wrote:
> > could you please add these to items to [1]. I think this will save some
> > people some time in finding out, that it does not work.
> >
> > 1. [25 March 2008] Installing Debian when sid is selected leaves an
> > unconfigured system [2][3].
>
> Don't think this is suitable. unstable is regularly broken and keeping up
> with individual breakages is just not doable.

Would you have minded, if I had added this and updated it today? I know
it is hard to keep up, but the three (?) times I tried to install sid
before it always went smoothly. And also this time it was a base
package.

> Anyway, as of today the issue with aptitude should be fixed.

Yes, fortunately it is.

> > Is there a way to fix this during the installation?
> > a) Use branch testing.
>
> Just install testing and upgrade afterwards. That's always the safest
> procedure for installing sid...

I tried this. But after doing

i) change sources.list to use sid
ii) $ sudo aptitude dist-upgrade

the system did not boot anymore – it did not ask for the passphrase as
before (both linux images failed (2.6.22 (updated) and 2.6.24
(installed)). (I did not look at /etc/crypttab after the dist-upgrade.
But it should not have changed.)

I will try to install Debian again today and will submit an installation
report.

> > 2. Combining RAID and Crypto is still not working. Please read [4].
>
> Instead I have activated the link to the errata for the last official
> release (Lenny Beta 1 in this case) again, which lists the issue.

Do you mean [6]? I cannot find it there. But maybe I am blind, it is
still early in the morning.

Thanks,

Paul

[6] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/errata.en