Re: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Today: add two entries

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Paul Menzel wrote:
> could you please add these to items to [1]. I think this will save some
> people some time in finding out, that it does not work.
>
> 1. [25 March 2008] Installing Debian when sid is selected leaves an
> unconfigured system [2][3].

Don't think this is suitable. unstable is regularly broken and keeping up
with individual breakages is just not doable.
Anyway, as of today the issue with aptitude should be fixed.

> Is there a way to fix this during the installation?
> a) Use branch testing.

Just install testing and upgrade afterwards. That's always the safest
procedure for installing sid...

> 2. Combining RAID and Crypto is still not working. Please read [4].

Instead I have activated the link to the errata for the last official
release (Lenny Beta 1 in this case) again, which lists the issue.

Cheers,
FJP