Re: D-I Team: What happens if udebs are added the pool outside d-i?

On Monday 28 January 2008, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> I'm hoping that the udebs don't mean anything to d-i unless the d-i
> build scripts pull them in as specifically directed and therefore don't
> impact on d-i unless you want them to.

I'm afraid they do. For various reasons adding udebs to the archive without
permission from the D-I team is not allowed (the FTP masters will not allow
them in without getting an OK from the D-I release manager) [1].

So, please send a mail to the BRs you opened to prevent them being
implemented and first send a mail to the debian-boot list explaining what
udebs we are talking about and why exactly you'd like to add them.

Please also let us know the numbers of the BRs you opened.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/07/msg00324.html