Re: D-I Team: What happens if udebs are added the pool outside d-i?

On Monday 28 January 2008, Daniel Dickinson wrote:
> I'm hoping that the udebs don't mean anything to d-i unless the d-i
> build scripts pull them in as specifically directed and therefore don't
> impact on d-i unless you want them to.

I'm afraid they do. For various reasons adding udebs to the archive without
permission from the D-I team is not allowed (the FTP masters will not allow
them in without getting an OK from the D-I release manager) [1].

So, please send a mail to the BRs you opened to prevent them being
implemented and first send a mail to the debian-boot list explaining what
udebs we are talking about and why exactly you'd like to add them.

Please also let us know the numbers of the BRs you opened.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/07/msg00324.html
    http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/07/msg00398.html