D-I Team: What happens if udebs are added the pool outside d-i?

Hi,

I've got a project I've been working on in fits and starts that I'd
like to use d-i for.  I'm working on a utility system that allows
restore/rescue/repair/modification of a linux system (the restore is to
be a local or networked restore of systems backed up using amanda) and
the backup/imaging of linux/windows/mac systems.  I've decided I want
to switch to doing this using d-i (by submitting patches to package
maintainers that will create udebs), but I want to make sure that,
assuming the maintainers are willing to add the patches, that the new
udebs won't cause problems for d-i proper.

I'm hoping that the udebs don't mean anything to d-i unless the d-i
build scripts pull them in as specifically directed and therefore don't
impact on d-i unless you want them to.

Regards,

Daniel

--
And that's my crabbing done for the day.  Got it out of the way early,
strangle cute bunnies or something.   -- Michael Devore