Re: r48777 - in trunk/packages/apt-setup: . debian generators

> > That will make hard times to translators and I expect mistakes with
> > too long lines, which will even not be easy to catch by the
> > spellchecker because of the variable which length we don't control.
>
> There are only 3 simple 3 to actually translate and there is still a
> margin of 9 characters (and even more as the limit of 55 is not as hard
> as you make it out to be).

Well, we should some day investigate this deeper. There is a limit, of
course and strings are cut when they exceed that limit. It is maybe
over 55 columns but not that much.

> If need be the "from " can be dropped.

Yes, this is what I did for French.

Anyway...this one is just something we should keep an eye on. Maybe
set a specific check on the spellchecker if one assumes that
${SEC_HOST} will be "security.debian.org"

> > I'm also not deeply fond of the long description which says that
> > "Debian has two update services":
> > - this brings branding again
>
> The services _are_ specifically Debian. Ubuntu does not use these
> generators at all.

Otavio already pointed that We do no only work for Ubuntu and that
feature may be of some use for other CDD.

> > - this hardcodes the number of services in templates
>
> So what? There are not any other services, are there? And those can be
> added when needed. The number matches the number of choices, which is
> also hardcoded.

Well, I think that the first paragraph can be more neutral about the
number of such services.

" Debian has two services that provide updates to releases: security and
 volatile."

could become something like:

"A few extra services provide updates to releases:"

ie neutral vs the number of services...and neutral vs the
distribution.