Re: r47699 - in trunk/packages/cdebconf

On Thu, Jun 28, 2007 at 06:59:20AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> That means knowing what condition triggers the "language can no longer
> be changed" dialog. What I've understood so far is "after anna
> runs". Am I right?

(answered elsewhere)

> Deep congratulations for that work, Colin. I now have a lot of memory
> to waste with dozens of translations....and I will maybe have less
> hard work convincing the release manager that we *can* keep languages
> even when they're not complete.

Thanks.

I added /usr/bin/top to an image and watched it up to partman for signs
of further obvious memory leaks, and didn't find any. cdebconf is now
using a little over a megabyte when partman runs, and everything else is
a couple of hundred kilobytes at most.

As far as further memory reductions go, it's worth spending more time
with top and du to find sources of waste, but I think the best target is
probably code reduction.