Re: usplash in desktop task?

On Tue, 8 May 2007 16:25:37 -0700, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> said:

>> Why should the default be an option with less value?

> Because there's a difference between data and information, and 99% of
> the *information* in the boot sequence can be conveyed much more
> efficiently using color codes, with the remaining 1% retrievable as
> desired.

        If this can be demonstrated, then it would be good.  But I note
 that no one has shown (even as a mockup) an output for a reguilar boot
 vs one with usplash, and demonstrated that only 1% of the information
 is being suppressed.

        Far too many figures are being pulled out of where the sun don't
 shine.

        manoj
--
If you're not very clever you should be conciliatory. Benjamin Disraeli